- Studio & Recording
- Audio Interfaces
- Studio Monitors
- Headphone Amplifiers
- MIDI Keyboards
- MIDI Controllers
- Control Surfaces
- ADAT Expanders
- Cat 5 Snake & Breakout Box
- Signal Processing
- Studio Furniture
- Acoustic Treatment
- Preamps & Channel Strips
- 500 Series
- Cable Management
- Live Sound
- Room Acoustics
- Software & Plug-ins
- Keyboards & Synthesizers
- Drums & Percussion
- DJ Equipment
Mac & PC
● Available USB 2.0 (or higher) port
● USB cable (included)
● Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon processor
● (PC) Windows 10 64-bit edition
● (macOS) 10.14 Mojave or later
● Internet connection for software downloads
iPad & iPhone
● iPadOS / iOS 14 or later
All trademarks contained herein are property of their respective owners. Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Included Software for Mac & PC:
Offering a powerful DAW, vintage guitar and bass amps, industry-leading virtual instruments, and much more, Volt gives you everything you need to start producing music, podcasts, and livestreams, right out of the box.
Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier
Live 11 Lite
Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
Virtual Drummer DEEP
Virtual Bassist DANDY
Record a Classic, Anywhere.
Universal Audio created Volt 2 for collaborators — from musicians and songwriters to livestreamers and podcasters. This portable 2-in/2-out USB recording interface for Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone gives you superior sound quality, a Vintage Mic Preamp mode derived from UA’s 610 tube preamp, plus a suite of industry-leading music software — so your next recording will sound classic.
● Create classic-sounding music productions, livestreams, and podcasts on Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone
● Record your voice or guitar with rich, full sound using Vintage Mic Preamp mode
● Produce with an essential suite of audio and music software including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAM’s Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more
● Build your desktop production studio around a stylish interface, built to withstand years of home and mobile recording
Collaborate with Best-in-Class Audio Quality
From the team that brought you the game-changing Apollo interface, Volt 2 delivers superior studio sound quality, with more character and tone than any USB interface in its class.
Capture Classic Vocals with Vintage Mic Preamp Mode
Few sounds can compare to a vintage Universal Audio 610 tube preamp, as used to record everyone from Ray Charles to Van Halen. Volt 2 gives you the rich, full sound of this classic UA mic/line/instrument preamp, thanks to its built-in tube emulation circuitry, a UA exclusive.
Stay Inspired with a Curated Suite of Audio Software
Some audio interfaces give you a smattering of random audio apps. Not Volt. Instead, UA put together a bundle of serious music production tools, virtual instruments, and plug-ins including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAM’s Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Ableton Ableton Live Lite
Softube Marshall Plexi Classic Amp
Softube Time & Tone Bundle
Celemony Melodyne Essential
Relab LX480 Essentials
Plugin Alliance Ampeg SVT-VR Classic
Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic
UJAM Virtual Drummer DEEP
Virtual Bassist DANDY
Easy In, Easy Out
Volt 2 gives you simple 2-in/2-out audio connections. Just plug your mics, guitars, or synths into the front panel. Then connect your speakers or headphones to monitor your audio with no latency. With Volt, you'll be creating like a pro, fast.
iPad & iPhone Ready
Traveling light? Plug Volt 2 into your iPad or iPhone, and you can easily create beats and samples, record your band’s rehearsals, and edit songs anywhere.*
Capture Inspiration for Years to Come
Featuring rugged all-metal construction and sleek, vintage-inspired industrial design, Volt 2 elevates your production space with impeccable style, built to last decades.
*Requires external Volt power supply and an Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (except iPad Pro with USB-C).
● Desktop 2-in/2-out USB audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion for Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone
● Vintage Mic Preamp mode lets you record voice or guitar with the rich, full sound of a classic UA tube preamp
● Essential suite of audio and music software including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAM’s Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more
● Studio-quality headphone amplifier for loud, clear monitoring
● USB bus powered to reduce cable clutter
● 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
● Direct Monitoring for latency-free recording
● Stylish, rugged construction built to withstand years of use
● 1-in/1-out MIDI connections
● USB-C to USB-A cable included